Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Harry Potter: The Beginning of the End


{ via Entertainment Weekly }

I just got this week's EW in the mail today and when I saw this on the cover I immediately flipped to the article. I laughed and welled up with emotions. If you're not aware of it yet, the beginning of the end is near! This month Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 comes out in theaters (desperately excited over here).

I grew up adoring Harry Potter. When the first book came out I was 11 and I was in the 5th grade. For Teacher's Convention weekend (ten years ago this weekend holy cow!) my Mom took me on a trip to Paris and I spent more time with my nose in that book than I did looking at the city! My Mom would always get me the book and we would fight for who got to read it first, since she was also a fan. She would check on me every half hour until I fell asleep, and then she would have to pry the book out of my fingers.

Harry Potter holds some very dear memories for me and I can't believe it's really really really coming to an end! I'm glad that they're doing two installments since the final book has so many amazing parts to it that deserve screen time! Not to mention - there's so much that's crucial to the story line in the final book.

If you've never read the books I highly, HIGHLY recommend them. They are really quite amazing and by far are not children's book. They're magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails